Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Mark of the Christian

My reading this year has been consumed in large measure by Francis Schaeffer and my soul is the better for it. When ever I need an example of loving people, I take a shot of Schaeffer. We currently have The Trilogy, True Spirituality, and a book by Bryan Follis called Truth with Love: The Apologetics of Francis Schaeffer on the book stand. I hope to say more about those at a future time. Coming to the book stand on Wednesday, 9/26 is the little book by Schaeffer, The Mark of the Christian. What is the mark? Schaeffer says, "Love - and the unity it attests to - is the mark Christ gave Christians to wear before the world. Only with this mark may the world know that Christians are indeed Christians and that Jesus was sent by the Father." Read this to be stirred to this consideration and as a short intro into Francis Schaeffer. 59 pages, $4.50

No comments: